Elementary OS (styled "elementary OS") is a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu. It is the vehicle to introduce the Pantheon desktop environment, similar to how Linux Mint was the vehicle to introduce the Cinnamon desktop environment before Cinnamon was available in other Linux distributions. (Wikipedia)
Errors and problems
Doubled mouse cursor when drag and drop
Open a terminal and enter
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.cursor active false
When try to run Eclipse it's crashes.
- Open the eclipse.ini (e.g.
- Somewhere before the line
--launcher.appendVmargsadd the following lines to force Eclipse to use GTK2
- Optionally create a start item. Create a file
vim ~/.local/share/applications/eclipse.desktopwith the content
[Desktop Entry] Version=4.4.0 Name=Eclipse Comment=Eclipse IDE Exec=/opt/eclipse/eclipse Icon=/opt/eclipse/icon.xpm Terminal=false Type=Application Categories=Development;Application
Dropbox has no icon
Use the elementary-dropbox script to install the Dropbox.
Network (WiFi and Ethernet) not available after update
- Download the packages: libnl-3-200, libnl-genl-3-200 and libnl-route-3-200
- Downgrade the installed packages by installing these packages
sudo dpkg -i libnl-*.deb
- Restart the network service
sudo service network-manager restart